The Harper’s Ferry KOA is located on Bolivar Heights, the place at Harper’s Ferry that saw more action than any other during the Civil War is immediately adjacent to the Murphy Farm area of the national park property. It bears interpretive markers that may date back to the 1930’s and a half scale replica of The US Armory building that came to be known as John Brown’s Fort. Sadly no one we talked to at the campground office offered any information about the signs or the history other than that sometimes on Saturdays “they” come and talk about them. When we did a quick preliminary visit to the park this afternoon we chatted briefly with the bookstore clerk who admitted that growing up here she didn’t see anything special about all the history here. As convenient to the park as this campground is, the two of us would prefer to see this property preserved for its historic significance.

Categories

Archives

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

OUR VERY

LATEST

At Home in Medina

At Home in Medina

In October we decided to make Medina our new hometown and have been embracing its charms while setting into our new apartment